Thursday, May 3, 2007

Backstory 5



Before I move forward in illustrating my experiences, my aim is to catch you up to speed with how I came to this blog of small paintings:

I grew up in Nashville, TN. I attended high school in Crested Butte, CO, and graduated from Stratton Mtn. School in Stratton Mtn. Vermont. I had plans only to snowboard after high school, but a broken knee in the spring of my senior year ended that dream. Embracing my parents wishes, I began my undergraduate studies at Western Washington University in Bellingham, WA in the fall of 2000. I struggled through my freshman year, with a feeling that I still needed to give snowboarding a try.
I moved to Mammoth Lakes, CA for the winter of 2001, where many high school friends had since settled. I felt uneasy snowboarding for the first week before breaking my collarbone in the second. At that point I decided my snowboard career was over, and I had better apply for entry into the art department at Western Washington University.
I moved off my friends couch, and into a lonely apartment in June Lakes, a small town east of Mammoth, where I hastily put together a portfolio. In the spring of 2002 I was accepted, and immediately drove up highway 101 and 1, toward my new academic life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoy visiting, show your support! comment here:

Powered by Blogger.